My husband created the best Reuben around! Serve with a dill pickle and Enjoy!
Make and share this Grilled Reuben Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- Heat sauerkraut;drain juice; set aside.
- Microwave the meat;drain juice; set aside.
- Toast rye bead. Spread with Russian dressing.
- Top with warm meat, sauerkraut and cover with swiss cheese.
- Put under broiler until cheese is melted.
I love Reuben sandwich so just had to try this open faced grilled version and only have one word Yum! I made as written using good but not too strong sauerkraut as I did not want it to take away from the Gouda. Thanks for the very yummy post.
I really enjoyed this twist on the Reuben. I used deli corned beef and smoked gouda to get the smoky flavor. Hubby liked it but tends to prefer the classic. Thanks for posting! Reviewed for ZWT6.
Glass of wine, no snorning spouse, power of the remote and a late night snack = HEAVEN! Oh, gouda's listed in ingredients, but Swiss is listed in instructions, so I made 2 (one of each). Made for ZWT #6.