Recipe by carolinafan
Apples on the grill. From Taste of Home.
Top Review by Debbb
What a wonderful, down-home yet unique dessert! The end result tasted like hot apple pie. The apples cooked perfectly in 30 minutes & turned a pretty pink colour. The smell was amazing! We did remove the peel before eating because it didn't seem to go with the soft texture of the apple & ice-cream.
- 4 medium tart apples, cored
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red-hot candies
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each apple in the center of a piece of heavy-duty foil (12 inches square).
- Spoon 1 teaspoon sugar and 1 tablespoon red-hots into the center of each apple.
- Fold foil around apple and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Carefully transfer apples and syrup to bowls.
- Serve warm with ice cream if desired.