Recipe by Sugarmagnolia_fl
Another one from the Weber owner's manual. Haven't tried this one yet.
Top Review by Cheeky Mommy
This was great!!! I had to alter it slightly due to having no crusty itlain bread and Mozza cheese. instead I used some day old white and whole grain buns and some tex mex shredded cheese. I served it along with steak. So yummy of a meal. My husband has requested that I make this again and again. Thank you for this great summer recipe!!
- 1 loaf crusty Italian bread, small
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium sweet red peppers
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice bread, remove crusts and cut into enough 1/2" croutons to make 1 cup.
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil, add the croutons, and saute until golden; drain on paper towles.
- Cut tops off peppers about 1/2" from top, and reserve tops. Carefully remove seeds and membranes.
- In a bowl combine croutons, mozzarella, basil, garlic, and oil. Mix well, adding salt and pepper to taste. Stuff peppers with mixture, replace tops and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill peppers, top sides up, overf indirect medium heat until peppers are soft but still hold their shape, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove tops and cut in half lengthwise.