Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another one from the Weber owner's manual. Haven't tried this one yet.
Make and share this Grilled Red Bell Peppers Stuffed With Mozzarella recipe from Food.com.
- Thinly slice bread, remove crusts and cut into enough 1/2" croutons to make 1 cup.
- In a skillet, warm the olive oil, add the croutons, and saute until golden; drain on paper towles.
- Cut tops off peppers about 1/2" from top, and reserve tops. Carefully remove seeds and membranes.
- In a bowl combine croutons, mozzarella, basil, garlic, and oil. Mix well, adding salt and pepper to taste. Stuff peppers with mixture, replace tops and secure with toothpicks.
- Grill peppers, top sides up, overf indirect medium heat until peppers are soft but still hold their shape, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove tops and cut in half lengthwise.
This was great!!! I had to alter it slightly due to having no crusty itlain bread and Mozza cheese. instead I used some day old white and whole grain buns and some tex mex shredded cheese. I served it along with steak. So yummy of a meal. My husband has requested that I make this again and again. Thank you for this great summer recipe!!
This was AWESOME! I used Marie Calendar's Ranch croutons, didn't use the seasoning. Only had Monterey Jack in the fridge, but OMG, was it GOOD! I also chopped up some onions and added it in the stuffing. THIS IS A GREAT SUMMER recipe! Thank you for sharing!