Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Coup de Pouce. This dip can be served with veggies or homemade croutons.
- 1 cup roasted red pepper, drained, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, grilled, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup soft breadcrumbs, grilled (see note above)
- 1 chili pepper, seeded, finely chopped (jalapeno)
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In food processor or blender, reduce in puree roasted red peppers, walnuts, soft breadcrumbs, chili pepper, honey, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Without stopping the food processor or blender, add oil in a thin dribble.
- Add garlic and mix. (You can do this step in advance and put it in an airtight container. It will be good for up to 2 days in the fridge).
- When ready to serve, add parsley and mix.
- Note : to obtain a good breadcrumbs, crumble fresh bread, spread on a baking sheet and cook in a preheated oven at 350 F for about 10 minutes.
Yummy! I halved the recipe, used one slice of jalapeno and loved it! I served with chips. Thanks so much Boomette! Made for Beverage tag.