Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For the grill.
Make and share this Grilled Ratatouille (Non-Vegetarian/Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 3 yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 medium onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- olive oil
- black pepper
- Build a two-zone fire with Kingsford® charcoal by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Place the sweet Italian sausage over direct heat and grill for four minutes on each side. Remove the sausage from the grill and set aside to rest.
- Lightly drizzle olive oil over each batch of vegetables and season with salt and pepper. Grill each batch of vegetables over direct heat in a grill basket, stirring every two minutes until the soften and brown. Pour each batch of vegetables into a 9x13-inch baking dish as they are removed from the grill.
- Dice the Italian sausage into 1/4-inch pieces and add to the baking dish. Add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf and tomato juice.
- Place the baking dish over indirect heat, close the grill lid, and cook uncovered at 300°F for 35 minutes. Remove the baking dish from the grill and pour the vegetables into a colander, reserving the juice. Pour the juice back into the baking dish and reduce by half over the hot coals or until the sauce thickens. Add the vegetables back into the baking dish and stir coating with the reduced sauce. Season with salt and pepper and serve.