A recipe from Rachael Ray posted for ZWT / France. You can serve the grilled ratatouille with toasted pita wedges and goat cheese. You can also roast the vegetables in a 500 F oven for 25 minutes instead of grilling them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large tomatoes, halved crosswise
- 2 bell peppers, quartered
- 2 zucchini, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 1 eggplant, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 1 onion, thickly sliced crosswise
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1Preheat a grill to medium-high. On a large baking sheet, arrange the tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant, onion and garlic in a single layer. Brush with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 2Transfer the vegetables to the grill and cook, turning once, until just tender and slightly charred, about 5 minutes for the tomatoes, 8 minutes for the peppers, zucchini and eggplant and 10 minutes for the onions and garlic. Return to the baking sheet and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 3Chop the peppers, zucchini, eggplant and onions into 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Squeeze out the garlic cloves, finely chop and add to the bowl. Working over the bowl, slip off and discard the tomato skins and remove the cores, then crush the tomatoes with your hands and add to the bowl. Add the olives and vinegar, season with salt and pepper and toss.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Ratatouille
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.0
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 146.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g