Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great recipe for the summer when lots of fresh vegetables are is season. Served this over couscous, but it would also be great tossed with penne pasta and parmesan cheese. I topped a pizza crust with the leftovers and mozza cheese and it was delicious.
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 bell pepper, cut in half
- 4 large tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 small zucchini, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to medium high.
- Skewer onion and garlic. Brush onion, garlic, eggplant, bell pepper, tomatoes and zuchinni with olive oil. Grill onion, garlic and eggplant for about 10-15 minutes, bell peppers and tomatoes for 8-10 and zuchinni for about 5 minutes.
- Remove vegetable as they are cooked.
- Chop everything into bite size pieces and place in saucepan. Add basil, oregano, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Add any leftover olive oil from brushing vegetables. Simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.