Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy to make and great for your backyard barbecue.
- 4 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered ranch dressing mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat grill.
- Place quartered potatoes in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for up to 5 minutes, stirring once. Let potatoes cool.
- Combine the sour cream, ranch dressing mix, pepper, and salt.
- Thread potatoes onto skewers. Brush sour cream mixture on all surfaces of the potatoes.
- Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side, turning and basting with more sour cream mixture as needed, until the potatoes are crispy and done.
It was yummy, but not as flavorful as I would have liked. Next time I make it I think I'll add more of the powdered ranch to the mix, because the flavor seemed to be a bit bland. Thanks for posting!
10/01/06, This is a very good dish! I have made it a couple of times now. This has become a favorite to make while RVing. Doesn't take much time on the grill while cooking your meat dish. It gets a nice crispy crust and taste delicious. Thanks, Lvs2Cook for posting. 4/9/07 Here I am again! This is still a great dish and I'm making it over and over and over again. I don't under stand why no one else has tried this!!! Thanks, once again Lvs2Cook for posting.