Recipe by JanuaryBride
Recipe from Mary Allen Perry and cut out of a magazine last month, but I have no idea what magazine it was.. .sorry about that!! I tend to like to remove the skins, so I completely char the peppers on the skin side, place them all in a paper bag for about 15 minutes, then slide the skins right off.
- 3 bell peppers (use all different colors if you can)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese (I used much less, and I have subbed Feta too)
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed torn fresh basil leaf (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to 350 to 400 degrees (medium-high). Quarter the peppers and lightly coat them with vegetable cooking spray.
- Grill peppers, covered with grill lid, for 5 minutes on each side until tender.
- Remove from grill and arrange peppers, "inside" sides up, on a serving platter.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and sugar; drizzle over the peppers. NOTE: If you are using high grade vinegar that is already thick and sweet, there is no need to add the sugar.
- Sprinkle peppers with goat cheese & basil - then salt and pepper to taste.