Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Taken on Chef at Home from Food Network Canada. ETA : I made it on July 23, 2011. It was my first time trying radicchio. I'm sure I wouldn't like raddichio without the dressing because of the bitter taste. The dressing is great with it. And I like that it's grilled. It reminds me of when we cook romaine lettuce on the bbq.
- 2 heads radicchio, quartered, stem end intact
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat a gas barbeque or indoor grill.
- Brush radicchio with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until it wilts and begins to brown.
- Stir together the honey and balsamic and toss with the radicchio. Adjust seasoning.
This was really tasty, and easy as well! The balsamic and honey were a nice complement to the bitterness of the radicchio. This was a nice change of pace from regular salad, and I will be making this again. Made for 1-2-3 Hit Wonders Tag Game.
I so enjoyed this! I used the marinade from Recipe #54771 then drizzled equal amounts of honey and balsamic. Thanks for this healthy goodness.