Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Here it is only January and I'm thinking of summer. This is a recipe that I think would be enjoyed by the vegetarian and non veg. Source: Canadian Living's Best Barbecue
- 40 inches flour tortillas
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander or 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄3 cups reduced-fat extra sharp cheddar cheese or 1 1⁄3 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a bowl, mash beans along with 1/2 cup of the salsa with a potato masher.
- Spread mixture evenly over the 4 tortillas leaving a 1/2 inch border.
- In this order sprinkle mixture with onions, olives, coriander and, finally, cheese.
- Fold tortillas over and press to seal.
- Place on greased grill over medium-high heat and cook, turning halfway through, for 8 tp 10 minutes or until browned and crisped.
- Garnish with rest of salsa.
Easy to make and oh so good! I had some leftover baked beans, so used those and put shredded beef in my husband's. Great taste and I had another one tonight! Thanks Dreamer! Made for the Annual Photo Swap-2010!