Recipe by Dreamgoddess
From Southern Living comes this recipe elegant enough for dinner parties...or cut the recipe in half for a romantic dinner with your sweetheart. Note the prep time includes the time to marinate.
- 2 (14 ounce) packages quail, dressed with breasts deboned
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (9 1/2 ounce) jar seedless blackberry spread
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the quail and pat dry.
- Place in a shallow dish and pour the Italian dressing over the quail.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, cook the wine over medium heat about 5 minutes or until it is reduced by half.
- Stir in the blackberry spread until smooth.
- Set aside 3/4 c for serving.
- Remove the quail and discard the marinade.
- Grill the quail over medium heat for about 15 minutes, turning one time and frequently basting with the remaining sauce.
- To serve, drizzle the quail with the reserved 3/4 c blackberry sauce.