Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
Here's a recipe from About.com that is a real winner. Shred your leftover pork roast and use it to top this wonderful pizza. You can use your own recipe for pizza dough if you prefer. I have made this with a prepared Boboli crust as I am not a griller (using less of the topping ingredients) and we enjoyed it that way. I did not bake the meat on the crust so as not to dry it out, but added it afterwards with toppings and returned it to oven to melt the cheese. We really liked this.
Top Review by Sweetsuzey
I am addicted to this pizza. The combination of flavors is so super yummy. Tastes like a cuban sandwich to me. This is so so easy and is the perfect recipe to serve along w/a salad on a Friday night at the end of a long week. Try it. I think you'll love it!!!
- 453.59 g jar barbecue sauce
- 453.59 g pulled pork
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 medium dill pickles, cut into thin slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 473.18 ml grated mozzarella cheese
- frozen pizza dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll into rounds about 8- to 9-inches in diameter. Place pizza rounds on hot grill. Allow to slightly brown on both sides.
- Remove rounds from grill and top with barbecue sauce, pulled pork, onion, pickles, tomatoes and cheese, in that order.
- Return to the grill over a low heat. Close lid and grill until cheese is melted. Remove and serve.