Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here's a recipe from About.com that is a real winner. Shred your leftover pork roast and use it to top this wonderful pizza. You can use your own recipe for pizza dough if you prefer. I have made this with a prepared Boboli crust as I am not a griller (using less of the topping ingredients) and we enjoyed it that way. I did not bake the meat on the crust so as not to dry it out, but added it afterwards with toppings and returned it to oven to melt the cheese. We really liked this.
- 1 (16 ounce) jar barbecue sauce
- 1 lb pulled pork
- 1 red onion, cut into thin slices
- 2 medium dill pickles, cut into thin slices
- 4 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- frozen pizza dough
- Preheat grill.
- Divide pizza dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll into rounds about 8- to 9-inches in diameter. Place pizza rounds on hot grill. Allow to slightly brown on both sides.
- Remove rounds from grill and top with barbecue sauce, pulled pork, onion, pickles, tomatoes and cheese, in that order.
- Return to the grill over a low heat. Close lid and grill until cheese is melted. Remove and serve.
I am addicted to this pizza. The combination of flavors is so super yummy. Tastes like a cuban sandwich to me. This is so so easy and is the perfect recipe to serve along w/a salad on a Friday night at the end of a long week. Try it. I think you'll love it!!!
Don't let the pickles scare you! This is an awesome recipe. I diced the onion and pickles, and used a Boboli pizza shell. I had trouble with the crust browning too much before the cheese melted, so took it off the grill and finished melting the cheese in the microwave (the crust was crispy enough to withstand it). I'll probably just make it in the oven next time. My hubby and son raved thru the whole meal and said that this was a definite keeper!
I was scrambling to find a way to use the last of my left over pulled pork shoulder when I came across this recipe. I was skeptical of the pickle so I only used one but after taking a bite I had wished I followed the recipe exactly. Instead of mozzarella I used monterey jack since for me it goes well with pork. It was a perfect combination. Also used a refrigerated dough crust since that's what I had in the fridge. I baked it in the oven for five minutes beore topping and then cooking an additional 10 minutes after. Thanks so much for a keeper of a recipe.