Recipe by Lauren8148
This is such an easy and impressive meal. The prosciutto gets a nice crunch to it, but also melts in your mouth. I like to serve over a bed of wilted spinach. Splurge for the better quality Prosciutto di Parma. Don't forget to soak your wooden skewers in water for about a half an hour so they do not burn on the grill! Enjoy!
Top Review by Lazarus
These were delicious! I followed the recipe exactly and it worked out perfectly. We both felt that the prosciutto could have been cut in half and wrapped, rather than folded, to allow for more flavour from the scallop, but it's possible that a single layer of prosciutto wouldn't stand up very well on the barbecue either. Might be worth experimenting with next time, though. All in all, a great, simple, tasty recipe. Thanks for posting!
- 8 large scallops
- 1⁄2 lb prosciutto di Parma (about 8 thin slices)
- 8 wooden skewers (soaked)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 lemon
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the scallops and then pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Drizzle olive oil on one side of scallops.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and some fresh lemon juice.
- Turn scallops over and repeat step 3.
- Fold slice of prosciutto in half lengthwise and wrap around the each scallop.
- Secure with a wooden skewer.
- Place on grill set to high heat.
- Cook on each side for about 4-5 minutes.