Recipe by Brynn Madden
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. An epically satisfying take on your common Grilled Cheese. This is a definite go-to meal when your looking for some comfort food with a kick!
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 -6 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto (can substitute pancetta)
- 1 bunch basil, washed
- 4 -6 slices bread (I prefer sourdough or marble rye)
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Macaroni & Cheese, prepared to package directions
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/4 -1/3 of butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Place 1-2 ounces prosciutto on 1 slice of bread. Cover prosciutto with single layer of basil leaves. Scoop roughly 2/3 -1 cup of prepared macaroni and cheese on top of basil and top with another slice of bread to form a sandwich.
- Place sandwich in skillet with heated butter and cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until bread is toasted enough for your taste.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.