- 8 -12 large prawns
- 1 green bell pepper, washed, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, washed, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 5 leaves fresh basil, cleaned, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell and de-vein the prawns, making sure you keep the tail intact.
- Wash well and keep aside.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, peppercorns, basil leaves and rosemary to prepare a marinade.
- Thread prawns on satay sticks.
- Marinate them in the above marinade.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the barbecue.
- Arrange the prawns on the hot barbecue and cook till done.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the bell peppers and saute.
- Add the remaining marinade and mix.
- Serve the barbecued prawns with sauteed bell peppers.