Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Enjoy this recipe of the famous chef Sanjeev Kapoor at your next barbecue party! The cooking time is a guesstimate. Recipe from: Young Times
- 8 -12 large prawns
- 1 green bell pepper, washed, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, washed, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, washed, de-seeded and cut into cubes
- 5 leaves fresh basil, cleaned, washed and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Shell and de-vein the prawns, making sure you keep the tail intact.
- Wash well and keep aside.
- Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, peppercorns, basil leaves and rosemary to prepare a marinade.
- Thread prawns on satay sticks.
- Marinate them in the above marinade.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the barbecue.
- Arrange the prawns on the hot barbecue and cook till done.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the bell peppers and saute.
- Add the remaining marinade and mix.
- Serve the barbecued prawns with sauteed bell peppers.
I barbecued all of it on a skewer and it was colorful and delicious.
The prawns were succulent with excellent flavor! Instead of doing the peppers separately I threaded them between the prawns. For fresh basil I used 1 tsp fresh frozen basil. It is winter time here with a bit of snow on the ground so I grilled the prawns in the oven for apprx 10 minuyes - perfect. Thanks Charishma for a recipe that will be made again in this house.