Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is from the foodnetworks new show Down Home with the Neelys. These look wonderful and I can't wait to give them a try!
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- ice cream
toppings such as
- chocolate candies or crumbled chocolate sandwich style cookies or toasted nuts or chocolate syrup
- 3 cups raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jelly
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 1/2 by 3 3/8-inch Bundt pan. Cream 2 sticks of the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the vanilla and lemon extracts and mix well.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Add 1/3 of dry mixture to creamed mixture and beat on low until mixed. Mix in half of the sour cream. Alternate between the flour mixture and sour cream. Pour cake mixture into the Bundt pan. Bake 1 1/2 hours or until a cake tester inserted in cake comes about with a few crumbs clinging. Cool 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- Preheat grill. Melt remaining butter and slice cake. Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of cake with butter. Grill on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from grill. Cool slightly. Cut slices into bite-size pieces. To create sundaes, fill a bowl with ice cream, add pound cake and sprinkle on toppings. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and garnish with Raspberry Topping.
- Raspberry Topping: Combine all ingredients in pot and let simmer until thickened.