Grilled pound cake with pineapple, fruit, and ice cream. A good no bake recipe for hot weather. If fresh pineapple is not available use canned pineapple slices, drained, 2 per serving. Substitute any fresh fruits in season. For a no-grill option, broil pound cake and pineapple separately on a rack set 6” from heat source until lightly browned, turning once, 1 or 2 minutes per side. Instead of cooking spray, use additional melted butter to coat pound cake slices. The original recipe from Woman's World magazine called for serving with caramel topping and dulce de leche ice cream. I skipped the caramel topping and served it with French vanilla ice cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 slices purchased pound cake (1-inch thick)
- cooking spray or additional melted butter
- 3 slices fresh pineapple, peeled (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- caramel topping (optional)
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1Prepare grill for direct heat cooking.
- 2Stir together melted butter, 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Set side.
- 3Coat both sides of pound cake with cooking spray or brush with additional melted butter.
- 4Grill pound cake over direct heat until lightly browned, turning once, 30 seconds to 1 minute per side.
- 5Remove pound cake from grill. Place one piece of cake each on six serving plates.
- 6Brush tops of pound cake slices with butter mixture.
- 7Grill pineapple slices over direct heat until lightly browned, turning once, 1 or 2 minutes per side. If using canned pineapple slices adjust cooking time accordingly.
- 8Toss strawberries, grapes and oranges with 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- 9Cut each pineapple slice into quarters.
- 10Top grilled cake with fruit, caramel topping if using, and ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Pound Cake Sundaes
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.1
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 105.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: