Recipe by LibbyAnne
I have been looking for a grill potato recipe that was just right for a long time. I've tried many that were great, but it was never what I wanted. Then the solution came to me - make up my own! It worked perfectly, and my husband and I enjoy these on a weekly basis. I have never actually measured the ingredients, so my recipe may be a little vague. But that's the beauty of Zaar, isn't it? You're all capable of making this one - no problem.
Top Review by Kizzikate
I've made these twice, and they are simply delicious. The second time, I tried using the bacon that comes partially cooked- and it made a nice difference. There was less grease, and the bacon was nice & crunchy. Thank you for posting this- we love it!!
- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup beef broth
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- 1 -2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Fire up your charcoal.
- Spray the bottom of a foil pan with cooking spray. (Or if you prefer, spray aluminum foil and make this in foil packets instead).
- Place potatoes into pan, and LIBERALLY shake seasoning blend and garlic salt on top; stir to coat.
- Pour beef broth into pan.
- Add bacon to the potatoes, spreading it evenly.
- Cut butter into pats, and place it on top.
- Cover with foil and place onto hot grill for 45 minutes.
- Pull back foil and add cheddar cheese evenly over the dish.
- Recover dish and leave on grill for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from grill and cover with chopped green onions.