Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
These can also be made in the oven.
Make and share this Grilled Potatoes and Onions With Herbs (Foil Wrapped) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted or 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, chives, parsley, oregano, rosemary, sage, tarragon, and thyme
- Combine potatoes, onions and herbs in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, butter, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Drizzle over potato mixture.
- Toss to coat well.
- Arrange potato mixture on 1/2 of a piece of foil large enough to accommodate all the ingredients when made into a packet for grilling.
- Grill over medium hot coals for 30 to 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning and shaking occasionally.
I made these in the crockpot, and it worked great. I used basil, rosemary, chives, Italian parsley and garlic. My potatoes were new white potatoes. I par-boiled them for 15 minutes (whole, skins on). This wouldn't be necessary, but I did it because I got a late start. It also keeps the potatoes from darkening. I then cut them in large chunks. I also added 2 tablespoons of lemon juice because I like the tang it gives, and a sprinkle of paprika. Next time I make it I think I will leave out the basil. It was good, but overpowered all the other herbs and that was all I could taste. Thanks for a great recipe, Karen!
Yummm! I made a couple of changes (no butter or onions) and it still turned out great. Thanks, this is a keeper for sure
Delicious and simple to do on the grill. We made them into a packet on the top rack of our grill and they were wonderful. Thanks!