Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe I copied out of a library book years ago.
- 4 (6 ounce) baking potatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel potatoes and slice crosswise.
- Tear 4 square heavy-duty foil and butter one side heavily.
- On buttered side of each square pile a sliced potato, some onion, cheese, and one teaspoon butter, salt and pepper.
- If potatoes look dry add a tablespoon of cream.
- Wrap foil packet loosely around potatoes and seal with a double foil.
- Grill over hot coals until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes, turning packets to cook evenly.
- Turn out a packetful of potatoes onto each dinner plate.
We make these all the time. The only difference, is we also add chopped green pepper and Mrs. Dash! As a matter of fact we made these last night w/ our steak! Thanks!