Grilled Potatoes and Cheese
- Peel potatoes and slice crosswise.
- Tear 4 square heavy-duty foil and butter one side heavily.
- On buttered side of each square pile a sliced potato, some onion, cheese, and one teaspoon butter, salt and pepper.
- If potatoes look dry add a tablespoon of cream.
- Wrap foil packet loosely around potatoes and seal with a double foil.
- Grill over hot coals until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes, turning packets to cook evenly.
- Turn out a packetful of potatoes onto each dinner plate.