1/3 Photos of Grilled Potatoes
Jane Rhodes-Williams's Note:
This is great to serve with grilled chicken or pork! Cook potatoes first, then move to an area without coals to keep warm while you are cooking your meat. Recipe can be varied to suit any dietary restrictions you may have. Can be baked in oven for 1 & 1 2
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash potatoes and slice in half LENGTHWISE.
- 2Tear off 12 squares aluminum foil. Place 1/2 of a potato on 6 squares.
- 3Place one onion slice on top of potato half.
- 4Put 1 tablespoon butter on top.
- 5Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 6Top with other half of potato.
- 7It should look like a "potato sandwich".
- 8Wrap tightly with foil.
- 9Rewrap with another square of foil to seal.
- 10Place directly on coals.
- 11Roast 30-45 minutes until tender.
- 12"Done-ness" can be tested by squeezing.
- 13Use caution when squeezing hot potatoes!
- 14Turn packages several times during cooking, so the potatoes do not burn!
- 15Unwrap first layer of "dirty" foil before taking to table.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 140.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 4.3 g