Recipe by diner524
When it is hot outside, who wants to heat up the oven and the house. These are great to go along side with any meat or fish dish. I clipped this recipe out of a Taste of Home Magazine. Updated 7/25/11, I now have made the recipe and the whole family loved the potatoes this way. I also added onion, but the recipe doesn't call for it. To really make it easy, I used "Simply Potatoes" already peeled and sliced potatoes, and used an 8"x8" foil pan; so quick and simple, yet so flavorful.
Top Review by rosie316
Frickin' awesome, my dear! I shall never just bake plain ol' potatoes on the grill again. I used your tip in the intro about the foil pan. This was so quick & easy... and "delicious". I did stir 1/2 way thru cooking (indirect heat on the gas grill). I only had 1/2 the paprika called for, but I added a bit more seasoning salt & garlic powder. I melted the butter in the microwave and mixed in the seasonings. Poured it over the potatoes, along with some sliced onion & garlic, and tossed with the parm cheese. I covered the pan with foil. Total cooking time was approx 1 hour (my fault... I thought I turned the grill from medium to high, but actually turned it off). Thank you for posting this recipe. (Made for "Name That Ingredient" tag)
- 6 medium baking potatoes, sliced
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 88.74 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- On half of a 24-inch piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil, arrange the potato slices in overlapping rows.
- Combine garlic powder, seasoned salt, paprika and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over the potatoes.
- Dot with butter.
- Seal foil over potatoes.
- Grill over medium heat for 30 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Note: I cook it off the direct heat so I don't burn them, and I cook them for about 45 to 60 minutes.