1/7 Photos of Grilled Potato Skins
These are excellent potato skins and could go as an appetizer or serve with a meal. The cooking time was right on. Crisp on the outside and nice texture on the inside. We loved the rosemary in this. Altered a little from the original TOH recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large baking potatoes, cleaned and dried
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges.
- 2Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 inches on the potato skins.
- 3Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- 4Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- 5Combine the butter, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- 6Brush over both sides of potato skins.
- 7Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 8Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat.
- 9Grill 2 minutes longer.
- 10Top with cheese.
- 11Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 12Sprinkle with bacon and onions.
- 13Serve with sour cream.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Potato Skins
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 306.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.4 g