Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are excellent potato skins and could go as an appetizer or serve with a meal. The cooking time was right on. Crisp on the outside and nice texture on the inside. We loved the rosemary in this. Altered a little from the original TOH recipe.
- 2 large baking potatoes, cleaned and dried
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cut each potato lengthwise into four wedges.
- Cut away the white portion, leaving 1/4 inches on the potato skins.
- Place skins on a microwave-safe plate.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 minutes or until tender.
- Combine the butter, rosemary, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Brush over both sides of potato skins.
- Grill potatoes, skin side up, uncovered, over direct medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Turn potatoes and position over indirect heat.
- Grill 2 minutes longer.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with bacon and onions.
- Serve with sour cream.
Yum! I baked the whole potato in the microwave, then scooped off the potato, mixed soft margarine with dried rosemary, and seasonings. Broiled the skins, till browning, then piled on the cheese and broiled again! The edges were just crispy, the way I like them! Thank you!
super skins. I loved the cooking in the microwave for most, and since its past grill season i used bake at 350 but turned the broil on for the last minutes. Made them alot like nachos, yet left off the bacon to reduce fat. The fresh rosemary/garlic butter brush was wonderful.
We had these potato skins tonight and they are wonderful! I couldnt grill them because I forgot the grill was out of gas. Cooked the potatoes in the microwave as directed. After butter was melted and I added the other ingredients, placed the potatoes in the skillet to brown, turning often. Put them back in the baking dish, sprinkled shredded cheese and back in the microwave until cheese melted. DH does not care for green onions so I didnt add them. We enjoyed and the butter and rosemary smelled so good! Thank you NimrodCook, we will be making these again!