Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I was looking for something different to do on the grill and these fit the bill. We like them with burgers! Note: they don't work as well on charcoal or open flame as they do on the gas grill.
- Just cover potatoes with water in a dutch oven.
- Boil then cook for 2-3 minutes til tender crisp.
- Put in single layer on paper towels.
- Brush both sides with oil then sprinkle with thyme and salt.
- Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I will just dump it all in a ziploc bag and shake, but you will need a little more oil to coat the potatoes this way.
- Preheat gas grill and reduce to medium high.
- Place slices on the grill rack directly over heat, for easier handling I use a perforated grill pan like those for shrimp, etc.
- Cover grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until browned, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and let stand on paper towel lined baking sheets for 8-10 minutes.
- The will crisp as they stand.
For a different flavour, try seasoning with 1 tsp chili powder instead of thyme :)
The chips were good but I had some difficulty getting an even degree of browning. This was probably due to factors other than the recipe. I'll keep trying. Thanks for the recipe.
These worked amazingly well. Never would have thought you could make chips on the grill, but you can. I LOVED the thyme seasoning. I, too, used the mandoline and a grill pan. I let the potatoes thoroughly dry after boiling and before grilling. Fifteen minutes was just right on my grill.