Recipe by LAURIE
I was looking for something different to do on the grill and these fit the bill. We like them with burgers! Note: they don't work as well on charcoal or open flame as they do on the gas grill.
- 1 lb potato, cut into 1/16 th inch slices on the diagonal (I use russets or long whites for less water content)
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Just cover potatoes with water in a dutch oven.
- Boil then cook for 2-3 minutes til tender crisp.
- Put in single layer on paper towels.
- Brush both sides with oil then sprinkle with thyme and salt.
- Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I will just dump it all in a ziploc bag and shake, but you will need a little more oil to coat the potatoes this way.
- Preheat gas grill and reduce to medium high.
- Place slices on the grill rack directly over heat, for easier handling I use a perforated grill pan like those for shrimp, etc.
- Cover grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until browned, turning occasionally.
- Remove from grill and let stand on paper towel lined baking sheets for 8-10 minutes.
- The will crisp as they stand.