I was looking for something different to do on the grill and these fit the bill. We like them with burgers! Note: they don't work as well on charcoal or open flame as they do on the gas grill.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Just cover potatoes with water in a dutch oven.
- 2Boil then cook for 2-3 minutes til tender crisp.
- 4Put in single layer on paper towels.
- 5Brush both sides with oil then sprinkle with thyme and salt.
- 6Sometimes if I'm in a hurry I will just dump it all in a ziploc bag and shake, but you will need a little more oil to coat the potatoes this way.
- 7Preheat gas grill and reduce to medium high.
- 8Place slices on the grill rack directly over heat, for easier handling I use a perforated grill pan like those for shrimp, etc.
- 9Cover grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until browned, turning occasionally.
- 10Remove from grill and let stand on paper towel lined baking sheets for 8-10 minutes.
- 11The will crisp as they stand.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Potato Chips
Serving Size: 1 (124 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.0
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 297.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g