Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great side dish for the grill. The mustard taste is very understated. My dh and I don't like mustard, but we love this recipe. In response to Engrossed's review, she is right that you don't need all the oil--I always have oil left in the bowl after I transfer the potato mixture to the foil, and I've just always tossed it.
- Whisk together oil, mustard, thyme, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add potatoes and onions to mustard oil. Toss to coat.
- Set six 18x9 inch sheets of heavy duty aluminum foil on work surface. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Divide potatoes and onions between the sheets, placing in the center of the left half of each sheet. Fold right half of foil over veggies and fold edges of packages together to seal well.
- Grill about 25 minutes over medium high heat.
- Open packages very carefully to avoid being burned by the steam.
Very easy and tasty. Went a little light on the oil- just adding enough to coat everything adequately, which ended up being about 1/2 cup. Was a good alternative to the cheesy potatoes that we normally end up cooking as a side dish on the grill.
These were terrific! I made these for supper last night and my husband loved them so much that I am making them again for supper tonight. I did use butter instead of olive oil and added sliced green peppers. Thanks for this recipe, it will be regular in our house from now on.
Easy and tasty but too oily for my taste. The mustard was so good with the thyme and the aroma while cooking was so good! Thanks for sharing!