Recipe by Miraklegirl
A wonderful side dish with fish, chicken, or beef. Adapted from "Simply Tuscan."
Top Review by Ilysse
A wonderful cook book and a wonderful dish. I just love this. Grilling does wonderful things to the fennel (use charcoal if you can) and potato and fennel are a match made in heaven. I usually just put it all in a bowl and toss it togather rather than drizzel over the top. Great bbq dish.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 idaho potatoes, peeled,sliced 1/4 inch thick,and brushed with extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, stalks and bottom trimmed off,rinced,quartered,sliced 1/4 inch thick,and brushed with extra virgin o
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk mayo with lemon juice, garlic, scallions, and salt and pepper (if its thicker than heavy cream, thin with a little water) Grill potato slices on a covered grill until they are brown and tender (about 2-3 minutes) Grill the fennel for 2 minutes per side, uncovered.
- Arrange the potato and fennel slices in an alternating pattern on a large platter and drizzle with the sauce.