Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A wonderful side dish with fish, chicken, or beef. Adapted from "Simply Tuscan."
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 idaho potatoes, peeled,sliced 1/4 inch thick,and brushed with extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fennel bulbs, stalks and bottom trimmed off,rinced,quartered,sliced 1/4 inch thick,and brushed with extra virgin o
- Whisk mayo with lemon juice, garlic, scallions, and salt and pepper (if its thicker than heavy cream, thin with a little water) Grill potato slices on a covered grill until they are brown and tender (about 2-3 minutes) Grill the fennel for 2 minutes per side, uncovered.
- Arrange the potato and fennel slices in an alternating pattern on a large platter and drizzle with the sauce.
A wonderful cook book and a wonderful dish. I just love this. Grilling does wonderful things to the fennel (use charcoal if you can) and potato and fennel are a match made in heaven. I usually just put it all in a bowl and toss it togather rather than drizzel over the top. Great bbq dish.
This is really delicious, though I made one slightly radical change - I had everything in the house except potatoes, so I used yams (orange sweet potatoes) instead. Try it some time, it's really tasty. I'll cook it with regular potatoes next time, or even a combination of both. The sauce is also great, and I bet it would make a good veggie dip. Thanks for the recipe!