Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A nice twist to a traditional summer favorite.
Make and share this Grilled Potato and Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 ears of fresh sweet corn, husks and silks removed
- 2 lbs small red potatoes, washed and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on corn and rub it over all of the kernels.
- Salt and pepper the corn.
- Place on grill for approximately 7 minutes turning occasionally.
- Allow to cool and the cut the kernels from the cob.
- Place potatoes in an aluminum foil pan.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place pan on grill, cooking the potatoes for 20-30 minutes turning occasionally until tender.
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onion, basil and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining oil and the vinegar together.
- Add to the salad and toss together.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve. tip: Grill the corn and potatoes at the same time to reduce overall cooking time.