Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Grilled Portobello Burgers With Creamy Dijon Sauce
Make and share this Grilled Portobello Burgers With Creamy Dijon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps, wiped clean with a damp cloth
- 1 medium red onion, cut 1/4 inch slices
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns (or try whole wheat sandwich thins)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a grill pan on medium-high (or use regular grill). Lightly brush mushroom caps and onion with oil. Grill both for 4 to 5 minutes per side or until mushrooms are tender. (NOTE: Mushrooms will begin to release their juices when they are tender.) Set aside on separate plate. Grill buns, cut-sides-down, for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Spread sauce on bottom half of each bun, dividing evenly. Top with onion, mushroom caps, cheese and lettuce.
I should have taken a picture of this because it was gorgeous, but I liked the dressing for these Portobello Burgers...I would have just used roasted garlic instead for the raw garlic was good and assertive but left a long aftertaste that my fellow diners didn't like so much. I liked the pairing of blue cheese...I added red onion and yellow pepper circles to the lettuce.