Recipe by Brenda.
**Needs to Marinate** I was excited to find this recipe online. In my younger days I worked at a restaurant that served a delicious parmesan butter with all of it's steaks. This is so close to that very recipe. Try the Paprika-Parmesan Butter with all of your favorites steaks.
Top Review by Kelley52
Over the top FANTASTIC! I don't know if the marinade is even necessary, the parmesan butter is what makes this so special! This is going to impress any company you may have coming! Yum!!
- 1247.37 g porterhouse steaks, 2-3/4 to 3 inch thick
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 7 large garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml fresh thyme, chopped
- 14.79 ml salt
- 9.85 ml ground black pepper
- 4.92 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 44.37 ml butter, room temperature
- 9.85 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, minced
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2.46 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 1.23 ml hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all Paprika-Parmesan Butter ingredients in small bowl until blended.(Can be made 2 days ahead.) Use at room temperature.
- Place steak in glass baking dish.
- Whisk oil and next 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Pour half of marinade over steak. Turn steak over; pour remaining marinade over steak. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill, (medium heat).
- Remove steak from marinade; shake off excess.
- Place steak on grill; cover grill.
- Grill steak to desired doneness,(until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of steak registers 115 F to 120 F for rare,about 15 minutes per side,or 125 F to 130 F for medium-rare, about 18 minutes per side),occasionally moving steak to cooler part of rack if cooking too quickly.
- Transfer steak to platter; cover to keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Using sharp knife, cut meat away from bone. Cut each meat section into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Spread Paprika-Parmesan Butter over top of slices and serve.