Recipe by Brenda.
**Needs to Marinate** I was excited to find this recipe online. In my younger days I worked at a restaurant that served a delicious parmesan butter with all of it's steaks. This is so close to that very recipe. Try the Paprika-Parmesan Butter with all of your favorites steaks.
Top Review by Delicious as it Looks
Fantastic recipe! My grocery store didn't have porterhouse, so I got a sirloin steak instead. This is probably the best steak I've ever grilled myself! I only used a teaspoon of salt in the marinade and that was plenty. The Paprika-Parmesan Butter is to die for! I used a dab of anchovy paste instead of a minced anchovy filet and it worked fine.
- 1 (2 3/4 lb) porterhouse steaks, 2-3/4 to 3 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 7 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all Paprika-Parmesan Butter ingredients in small bowl until blended.(Can be made 2 days ahead.) Use at room temperature.
- Place steak in glass baking dish.
- Whisk oil and next 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Pour half of marinade over steak. Turn steak over; pour remaining marinade over steak. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill, (medium heat).
- Remove steak from marinade; shake off excess.
- Place steak on grill; cover grill.
- Grill steak to desired doneness,(until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of steak registers 115 F to 120 F for rare,about 15 minutes per side,or 125 F to 130 F for medium-rare, about 18 minutes per side),occasionally moving steak to cooler part of rack if cooking too quickly.
- Transfer steak to platter; cover to keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Using sharp knife, cut meat away from bone. Cut each meat section into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Spread Paprika-Parmesan Butter over top of slices and serve.