Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
**Needs to Marinate** I was excited to find this recipe online. In my younger days I worked at a restaurant that served a delicious parmesan butter with all of it's steaks. This is so close to that very recipe. Try the Paprika-Parmesan Butter with all of your favorites steaks.
- 1 (2 3/4 lb) porterhouse steaks, 2-3/4 to 3 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 7 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 anchovy fillet, drained, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Mix all Paprika-Parmesan Butter ingredients in small bowl until blended.(Can be made 2 days ahead.) Use at room temperature.
- Place steak in glass baking dish.
- Whisk oil and next 5 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Pour half of marinade over steak. Turn steak over; pour remaining marinade over steak. Cover and chill at least 2 hours and up to 1 day, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill, (medium heat).
- Remove steak from marinade; shake off excess.
- Place steak on grill; cover grill.
- Grill steak to desired doneness,(until instant-read thermometer inserted into center of steak registers 115 F to 120 F for rare,about 15 minutes per side,or 125 F to 130 F for medium-rare, about 18 minutes per side),occasionally moving steak to cooler part of rack if cooking too quickly.
- Transfer steak to platter; cover to keep warm. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Using sharp knife, cut meat away from bone. Cut each meat section into 1/3-inch-thick slices.
- Spread Paprika-Parmesan Butter over top of slices and serve.
Over the top FANTASTIC! I don't know if the marinade is even necessary, the parmesan butter is what makes this so special! This is going to impress any company you may have coming! Yum!!
This is fabulous. I used Certified Angus Beef top sirloin cooked medium rare. I would have to agree with evelyn/athens that this is one of the best recipes I have tried on recipezaar. My DH loved the paprika-parmesan butter; in fact he ate it on his baked potato as well! Served this will baked potatoes and "Recipe #217228" The salad really complimented the steak. Just fabulous!
wish there were 10 stars