1/3 Photos of Grilled Porterhouse Steak With Cilantro Lime Compound Butter
These steaks are great on their own! But I like to dress mine up with some compound butter. Note: Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the steak, and how you like it cooked. Helpful hint: Go to www.omahasteaks.com, on the bottom of the page click on resources and cooking charts, then steaks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Steak
- 4 porterhouse steaks (mine were thin sliced 1/2-inch thick)
- goya light adobo seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- canola oil for brushing steak
For the Compound Butter
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus 2 tbs. unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juice of, plus a few grates of lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Other uses for compound butter
- 1Make Compound Butter:.
- 2In a small saute pan over med heat, melt 2 tbs. of butter, add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute until garlic is fragrant.
- 3Transfer the garlic butter to medium bowl. Add the lime juice, lime zest, and worcestershire sauce. Whisk to combine.
- 4Use a fork to blend in 1 stick of butter. Season with Salt and Pepper, and add in the cilantro. Mix well.
- 5Roll the butter into a cylinder (like a log) in plastic wrap, and twist the ends. Refrigerate until ready to use (at least 1 hour). Or freeze it if you need it sooner.
- 6For the Steak:.
- 7About 20 minutes before grilling, remove the steaks from the refrigerator. Rinse and pat dry. Brush the steaks on both sides with oil and season both sides with light adobo and pepper. Cover steaks and let sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 8Preheat indoor grill pan or outdoor grill to high (let it get really hot). Cook steak for 3 minutes on first side, flip and cook additional 2 minutes on second side for medium rare. Note: If using indoor grill pan cook 1 steak at a time.
- 9Transfer steaks to platter, top with a slice of compound butter. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- 10I served these steaks with my baked broccoli mac and cheese Baked Macaroni and Cheese With Broccoli, and a green salad on the side.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Porterhouse Steak With Cilantro Lime Compound Butter
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 209.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 45.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: