Recipe by chia
so easy and delicious!
Top Review by PanNan
This was absolutely fabulous. DS was at a church camp for the weekend, so it was just DH and I. I decided to splurge on a couple of fine quality porterhouse steaks at the butcher market. I made them exactly according to this recipe, using olive oil (and s&p) and cooking them 10 minutes per side for 1 1/2 inch steaks. I also made the sauce exactly as written, and served it on the side like steak sauce. Perfect. No improvement possible.
- 2 porterhouse steaks, 1 1/2 inch thich
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- mix sauce ingredients into a pot, bring to simmer and cook until reduced to 2/3 c, about 30 minutes.
- heat grill, brush both sides of steak with oil, add salt& pepper, grill about 10 minutes/side for medium.
- i always cook one rare too, 5 minutes/side.
- carve steaks and serve with sauce.