Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a twist on eggs benedict where you substitute a portabella mushroom for the english muffin, stuff it with sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and baby spinach. This dish is cooked on the grill, easy to make and a delicious breakfast.
- 4 large portabella mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 teaspoons sun-dried tomatoes, julienne cut
- 4 ounces Baby Spinach, rough chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
- 4 eggs
- olive oil
- 1 packet knorr hollandaise sauce mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Whisk together 1 packet Knorr Hollandaise Sauce mix with 1 cup milk and 1/4 cup margarine. Stir frequently until the sauce starts to boil then reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 1 minute then turn off heat.
- Remove the stems and gills from the portabella mushrooms then brush olive oil on both sides and season with salt and pepper.
- With the grill set on low heat place the mushrooms on grill stem side down. While the mushrooms cook saute bacon in skillet until the bacon starts to get brown.
- Add the onion and garlic to the bacon.
- Saute the bacon and onion until the onion turns translucent at which time you add the baby spinach to the pan and flip over the mushrooms on the grill.
- Place 2 tsp sun dried tomatoes and 1 oz feta cheese on top of each mushroom.
- When spinach mixture is cooked thoroughly, spoon even portions of spinach mixture on top of each mushroom.
- Fry eggs sunny side up and place on top of each mushroom.
- Serve the portabella mushrooms covered with the hollandaise sauce.