Great vegetarian sandwich. Can make on outdoor grill, panini press, or skillet. These are even better the next day. From Jenny :)
- Mix together oil, salt and pepper, and garlic. Marinate mushrooms and onions with this for about thirty minutes.
- Grill mushrooms and onions over medium heat until done, brushing on the oil mixture liberally throughout cooking time.
- Cut the bread open length-wise, brush it with the oil, then lightly toast on the grill.
- Layer on the onions and mushrooms. Press sandwich together for a few minutes (I usually use a frying pan to weigh it down).
- Cut into 6 pieces or so and serve.