Recipe by Valkey
From the "Flat Belly Diet" in Prevention (Feb 2008). This was a quick, easy lunch and tasted fabulous!
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, stems removed (8oz total)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (to me it helped with cooking the shroom since I had to use a flat griddle) (optional)
- 2 roasted red peppers, halves (from a jar)
- 2 whole grain buns
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 pieces lettuce greens (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill pan (or griddle) over medium heat.
- Grill mushrooms 8 minutes, turning halfway through and brushing with vinegar.
- Warm pepper halves and buns on the pan.
- Spread each bun with half of the pesto.
- Place peppers, mushrooms, and greens (if using) on buns.
- If desired, drizzle with additional vinegar.