From the "Flat Belly Diet" in Prevention (Feb 2008). This was a quick, easy lunch and tasted fabulous!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, stems removed (8oz total)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (to me it helped with cooking the shroom since I had to use a flat griddle) (optional)
- 2 roasted red peppers, halves (from a jar)
- 2 whole grain buns
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4 pieces lettuce greens (optional)
- 1Preheat grill pan (or griddle) over medium heat.
- 2Grill mushrooms 8 minutes, turning halfway through and brushing with vinegar.
- 3Warm pepper halves and buns on the pan.
- 4Spread each bun with half of the pesto.
- 5Place peppers, mushrooms, and greens (if using) on buns.
- 6If desired, drizzle with additional vinegar.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Portabella & Roasted Pepper Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 43.6
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 10.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers
whole grain buns