Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Grilled veggie version of the New Orleans deep-fried seafood.
- 1⁄2 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegan cream cheese (softened)
- 4 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into strips
- 8 large portabella mushroom caps, stemmed
- 8 Portuguese rolls or 8 hoagie rolls
- Combine pesto and cream cheese in a bowl.
- Heat grill, or grill pan over medium heat.
- Coat zucchini and mushroom caps with cooking spray, and place on grill. Cook zucchini 10 minutes and mushrooms 15 minutes, or until tender, turning once or twice.
- Transfer to a plate and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 tbsp pesto mixture over inside of rolls. Fill each roll with 2 zucchini and 1 mushroom.