Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This is from Carr's Crackers and is an hor d'oeuvres recipe. Sounded lovely and just perfect for a summer get together. Times are a not exact.
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, stemmed and gills scraped out with a small spoon and discarded
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare grill or grill pan for gilling. Heat to medium high heat.
- Brush both sides of the mushrooms with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill mushrooms until tender, about 4 min on each side.
- Let cool, then cut each one into quarters and slice each quarter into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Top crackers with a heaping teaspoon of hummus and several slices of mushroom. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
- NOTE: I think this would work if you let you guests make their own. Have a platter with crackers on it and 3 small bowls with fixings -- instead of making them all ahead of time.