Prep 0 mins
Cook 24 hrs
by 82 Queen. From my restaurant recipes on my old site. Note they include optional Goat Cheese
Mushrooms and marination
- 2 cups oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 4 -6 portabella mushrooms, 5-inch in diameter & stems removed
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- goat cheese, no amount specified (optional)
- Marinate mushrooms in ingredients listed with them.
- Mix all ingredients for marinade in shallow pie pan.
- Place mushrooms and pour marinade over and let marinate for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Mushrooms will absorb most of the marinade.
- Grill mushroom, 5-8 minutes per side, cook until tender.
- Remove, slice and plate, top with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- OPTIONAL: If Vegan ignore: Garnish with Goat's Cheese and for everyone: serve on a bed of gourmet greens. If you like use your favorite Vegan version.