Recipe by SassiFras
I've been searching for cranberry recipes on the internet so I can use up my cranberry stash! I found this interesting recipe @ http://www.cranberries.org courtesy of the Cape Cod Cranberry Growers' Association. I'm posting this for safe keeping, so I can find it when I want to use it. Enjoy! Cook time includes prep time.
- 6 portabella mushrooms
- 4 cups mesclun
- 1⁄4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 complete recipe of cranberry and sausage prepared stuffing (see below)
Cranberry Sausage Stuffing
- 1 cup quinoa grain, uncooked
- 1⁄2 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup leek, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Gather all ingredients and chop vegetables and herbs.
- 2. Place chicken stock and quinoa in sauce pan, cover and bring to boil over high heat.
- 3. Reduce heat and simmer until liquid has been absorbed by the grain. (About 15 minutes.).
- 4. Melt butter over medium heat in sauté pan, add sausage (casings removed) and sauté, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.
- 5. Add leeks and celery and continue to cook until leeks are translucent and sausage is cooked through.
- 6. Add rosemary and thyme.
- 7. Remove from heat and add to quinoa.
- 8. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grilled Portabella Mushroom:.
- 1. Scrape out center of mushroom caps (gills).
- 2. Season caps with salt and pepper.
- 3. Place on grill over medium heat for 5 – 8 minutes.
- 1. Place greens on center of serving platter.
- 2. Stuff mushrooms with quinoa sausage stuffing.
- 3. Place stuffed mushrooms on greens.
- 4. Sprinkle mushrooms with goat cheese and sweetened dried cranberries.