Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Got this recipe from the vegan chef. It is wonderful...even your non veg guests and family will love it.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 medium portabella mushrooms, washed well, and patted dry
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 2 red peppers or 2 orange peppers, de-stemmed, de-seeded, and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 2 green peppers, de-stemmed, de-seeded, and cut into quarters lengthwise
- 2 jalapeno peppers, de-stemmed, de-seeded, and cut in half lengthwise
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- In a large bowl, place the vinegar, olive oil, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper, and whisk well to combine.
- Add all of the vegetables and toss well to thoroughly coat the vegetables with the marinade.
- Set the vegetables aside and allow them to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Place the vegetables on a hot grill and grill for 3-5 minutes per side or until tender.
- Transfer the grilled vegetables to a cutting board and cut them into strips.
- The tortillas can be warmed on the grill, if desired.
- Transfer the vegetables to a platter for service.
- Allow guests to build their own fajitas by filling tortillas with the grilled vegetables and top with your favorite sauce if desired.
- *Note:the vegetables can also be cooked under the broiler for 3-5 minutes per side or until tender.
I'm allergic to pretty much everything in this recipe so I cannot say myself, but DH give it 5 stars!!! I served the fajitas with salsa and cashew "sour cream".
I made this recipe tonight and thought it was delicious. The balsamic and garlic gave so much flavor. I did not have parsley so I substituted basil from my garden. Loved it with some feta cheese added. This recipe will become a regular at my house.