Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick and easy lunch, or side dish.
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (NOT cooking sherry)
- salt and pepper
- Wash mushrooms, remove stem, and scrape off the gills with a spoon.
- Slice into strips@ 1/2 inch wide.
- Combine olive oil and sherry.
- Pour over mushrooms and marinate@ 1 hour.
- Cook on a grill at medium heat 4-5 minutes per side.
sherry and shrooms - how can you go wrong? ridiculously easy and ridiculously tasty. i made some balsamic marinated ones alongside, but as good as they were i preferred these. doesn't need any additional seasonings. definitely a repeat feature.
This recipe is simplicity itself and very tasty. I had some strips of onion and peppers on hand so I tossed them in, along with some garlic. I don't see how anyone could go wrong with this recipe.