Recipe by Rita~
Great as a burger replacement! Slice it up and top a bed of greens! Or mix it into a pasta with extra olive oil. Can be served hot or cold!
Top Review by The Crazy Chef
I recently joined Weight Watchers and have been looking for delicious, filling, low point recipes and yours hit the mark. I made these as a substitute for hamburgers and they were awesome (I even had my brother-in-law raving about them and he's a meat eater). Excellent recipe!
- 4 large fresh portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons shallots (minced) or 2 tablespoons red onions (minced)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (chopped)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- shaved fresh parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place mushrooms in a quart size zip lock bag combine remaining ingredients except cheese and pour over the top of the mushrooms.
- Marinate for 1-2 hours, tossing once or twice.
- Remove from marinade and cook on hot grill for 3 minutes on each side watching carefully not to burn.
- Serve as a side dish, main course, or on a roll (burger substitute).
- Topped with shaved cheese.