Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good side dish that goes with almost anything year round. You can double this recipe and serve as a main dish with rice. Enjoy!
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- In a large bowl, combine the red bell pepper, garlic, oil, onion powder, salt and ground black pepper and mix well.
- Spread mixture over the mushrooms.
- Grill over indirect heat, or to the side of the hot coals, for 15 to 20 minutes.
These were great! I like a lot of garlic, so I added more. Very simple to make. We ate ours with diced potatoes with olive oil and parsley on them. Only other change I made was I used dried minced onion, because I didn't have onion powder. They melted right into the oil.
Very easy and simple dish to do. I used more garllic and ended up putting the mushrooms in a bun with a bit of mustard only. I thought it was terrific.
This was delicious! I normally do not like mushrooms, but I will make this again. I used red and yellow peppers for color, and cooked them on the stove on medium low. Maybe a little too long at 15-20 minutes, but not burnt anyway. Try this one.