Recipe by Mini Ravindran
Savour this as soon as you can !
Top Review by Bobbie
Five PLUS stars!!! The portobello mushrooms comes in a variety of sizes in our grocery stores here -- and I bought a HUGE one. So I made the recipe as written and it was PERFECT!!! I marinated the mushroom probably a good 30 minutes -- just because the time got away from me -- but it was so delicious!! We had nice small filet migons with it and a Crispy Baked Potato that we split -- we also split the mushroom. My husband and I both said we'd be willing to pay a hefty price to dine out with the same meal. I can't imagine preparing Portabella Mushrooms any other way. Thanks so much!!
- 4 whole portabella mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- to taste salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vinegar, oil, garlic, basil and seasonings.
- Place the mushroom (Smooth side down) in a baking dish.
- Pour the dressing over the mushrooms.
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes, turning once.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes, turning once.
- Slice and serve on salads,sandwiches or pizzas.