Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Wonderful meaty portabella caps marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme; then grilled and served on fresh baked buns with your favorite toppings!
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (or 2 tsp dried thyme)
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme together. Place mushrooms in a large resealable bag in a single layer.
- Pour mixture over mushrooms and press out as much air as possible.
- Seal bag and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate as long as overnight.
- Grill mushrooms over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on fresh baked buns.
- Topping suggestions: sliced onion, lettuce, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup.
WOW! This is only my second try at a recipe from RZ, and I'm 2 for 2! These were SO good, we ate them plain, didn't put them on the buns. I followed Debra8940's suggestion and added the sauce onto the gills (never knew what that accordian was called!) and it was fabulous. Next time I'll have brown rice ready and put the extra sauce on it! Excellent.
This was so easy and good! I doubled the mixture. When I cooked the mushrooms I seared both the cap and the gills. I cooked gill side first and when I flipped them to cook the cap, I filled the gills with the extra mixture. They were great!