Recipe by Dave Dallas
Wonderful meaty portabella caps marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme; then grilled and served on fresh baked buns with your favorite toppings!
Top Review by learning 2 cook in VT
WOW! This is only my second try at a recipe from RZ, and I'm 2 for 2! These were SO good, we ate them plain, didn't put them on the buns. I followed Debra8940's suggestion and added the sauce onto the gills (never knew what that accordian was called!) and it was fabulous. Next time I'll have brown rice ready and put the extra sauce on it! Excellent.
- 4 portabella mushroom caps
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp garlic powder)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme (or 2 tsp dried thyme)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and thyme together. Place mushrooms in a large resealable bag in a single layer.
- Pour mixture over mushrooms and press out as much air as possible.
- Seal bag and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours or refrigerate as long as overnight.
- Grill mushrooms over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve on fresh baked buns.
- Topping suggestions: sliced onion, lettuce, mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup.